As collectors ourselves, we want to honor the best in what we’ve seen over many years in EDC and knife collecting; To treat our collectors how we like to be treated - the Golden Rule.
This is something we’ve honored from the beginning. If you purchase a light from us and you decide - it’s bigger than expected, it’s smaller than expected, it’s __________ than expected, just let us know within 1 week of receiving it, and if you decide to return it in “as new” condition, we will give you a full refund - it only costs you the return shipping.
What is not covered:
- No longer “as new” - you carry it, use and abuse it, and then decide you’d like to request a return.
- Special requests - Examples include but are not limited to:
- Special request Cerakote color - you receive it and decide “you know I decided I don’t like orange, I want purple”.
- Special request emitter/engine builds - this means something we don’t already offer - if you’re making these kinds of requests we have to assume you’ve done your research and know what you’re requesting.
Buying expensive EDC stuff on the internet can be a gamble - will I like it as much as I think I’ll like it? - while we believe our reputation and quality speak for itself, our satisfaction guarantee helps to remove some of that uncertainty.
Our flashlights carry a lifetime warranty for defects in materials and workmanship.
You don’t need to be the original owner of one of our lights, the warranty is transferable. In the event that something malfunctions with your light, PLEASE get in touch with us and we will make it right.
Damage caused by misuse or improper modification may void the warranty, but we will still work with you to make any necessary repairs at a reasonable cost.
Examples of what is not covered:
- You or a previous owner flooded it with water - These are not dive lights, but they are fairly water resistant. I have personally submerged mine in a river for over 5 minutes and the light remained fully functional and free of water intrusion.
- You or a previous owner swapped the light engine- We have received lights back from customers with a “dead engine” where it is clear that it was not a light engine we built. If you are buying a light in the secondary, please ask the seller to verify/confirm for you that it is an original engine in the light. We cannot warranty a light engine we did not build. In this case, we can sell you a new engine.
- You intentionally expose the light to situations that are not considered normal use by a reasonable person- Our lights are finely made and durable, but the warranty is void if the light is intentionally dropped, run over with a vehicle, thrown off a building, put in a blender, set on fire, etc.
- Spa- there’s nothing actually wrong with your light, but you want it refinished to look “as new” - we are happy to freshen up your lights, but there will be a reasonable refinishing cost depending on the model, material, and condition of your light.
As stated at the beginning - the guiding principle is basically the Golden Rule - we are confident in what we are building and want to help you feel confident in what you’re buying.
With our Satisfaction Guarantee and Warranty, if you are honest and not trying to take advantage of our generosity, we’ll do everything possible to ensure you’re pleased with your light and it remains a staple of your edc collection.
Thank you for supporting our 2-person operation. We love what we do and hope you consider making a Laulima your next light.
Mitch and Josh